The first step is to identify the source of the excess moisture in your home and rectify the problem to prevent mold from growing. If you have high humidity in the affected area, you made need to add ventilation or purchase a dehumidifier. Try to seal off the room and minimize dust, as that can cause mold to spread. Remove any items from the home that are too moldy to clean, including plush furniture, old wallpaper or musty carpets.
Bleach and Water
Mix one cup of bleach with one gallon of water and scrub the affected area with a rag or brush. Always ensure the room is properly ventilated, and wear gloves, protective eyewear and a mask. Be aware that bleach can stain many materials, so do not use it on fabrics. When in doubt, test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the material to see if it will stain. Never mix bleach with ammonia or any other cleaners.
Lightly spritz any mold with water to dampen it. If you scrub dry mold, it can become airborne and spread. Use warm, soapy water to wipe the mold away, then spray it with disinfectant too kill any remaining mold spores. The Toxic Black Mold Information Center says to use a disinfectant that kills bacteria, viruses and fungi.