Things You Will Need
- Linseed oil
- Cleaning rags
Leather furniture is a costly purchase, so it is important to keep the leather looking its best for as long as possible. Neglecting the leather can cause premature damage and deterioration, while using too harsh of cleaning products can also damage the leather.
Instead, find a balance that properly cleans all residue from the leather, while also restoring the much needed moisture that keeps the leather looking clean and supple.
- Vacuum your leather as needed to remove all loose crumbs.
- Mix your cleaning solution in a bowl, combining 1-part white vinegar to 2-parts linseed oil. Swirl the solution with your finger to combine the two ingredients.
- Dip your cleaning rag into the bowl, collect some of the cleaning solution and wring the rag out with your fingers.
- Wipe down the leather furniture with the rag. A small residue is left behind which will be fine; let it air dry overnight.
- Wipe down the leather the next day with a clean rag to remove the leftover dried residue. The vinegar will deep clean while the linseed oil nourishes the leather.