Things You Will Need
- Alarm manual
- Company phone number
- Access code
- Bypass code
- Wire cutters
The knowledge of how to bypass an alarm is not necessary knowledge in everyday life. However, there may come a time when you will need to bypass your own alarm system or a friend's in order to gain access to a home or a car.
There are as many methods of completing this task as there are kinds of alarms to purchase.
- Find out exactly what type of alarm system you have. Even if you know the brand, it may not be enough to track down the method(s) you will be needing to bypass the system.
- Find the manual for your specific type of alarm system. Manuals hold the most valuable and informative context for bypassing your alarm system.
- Call the alarm system company. If you can't find or have misplaced your manual, which contains the phone number for the alarm system company, then your best bet is to call the company that manufactured the alarm system. You may have to call a general number first to find the right number to call. You should be able to get step by step instructions. If that doesn't work, the company may be gracious enough to send someone out to your home and bypass the system for you. While they are there be sure to get step by step instructions in case you need to bypass your alarm system again.
- Use the access and/or bypass codes you were given during installation. The easiest way to bypass any alarm system is to know your access AND bypass code.
- Open and close the doors either to the home or car the alarm is attached to with one second intervals between each opening and closing action. In theory, and some practice, this should reset the alarm.
- Cut the wires leading to the alarm and/or battery. This should be done as an extreme last resort or in case of an emergency when the alarm doesn't allow the door(s) to open or close.
Read through your entire manual upon installation of any alarm system.
Cutting wires could result in electric shock and should be done only if you are a professional or have been instructed to do so by a professional.
Things You Will Need
- Alarm manual Company phone number Access code Bypass code Wire cutters
- Read through your entire manual upon installation of any alarm system.