Things You Will Need
- Duct Tape
You may need to bend a pipe to fit a new water line into your shower or you may need to bend a pipe to hold electrical wires in your ceiling. No matter the reason you need to bend a pipe, it is tricky to do without a pipe bender but it can be done.
- Tape one end of the pipe shut with duct tape.
- Fill the pipe with sand. Tape the top end shut with duct tape.
- Lay the pipe on the floor.
- Place your foot sideways on the pipe 1/2 to 1 inch below where you want to bend the pipe.
- Position your foot firmly in that spot. Grab the top end of the pipe and pull it toward you. Use the protractor to measure if you bent the pipe to the angle you desired.