Things You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Bleach, optional
High school jackets have nearly always been a trademark of high school life, representing school spirit and pride. As with any other piece of outerwear, these jackets can become soiled and require cleaning from time to time.
The vinyl sleeves require special attention, as soiling can lead to a shiny, unclean appearance that can be embarrassing if not handled effectively. These vinyl sleeves can easily be cleaned in just a few minutes, using a handful of simple cleaning ingredients that are most likely already in the home.
- Fill the sink with four cups of water mixed with one squirt of liquid dish soap. The soap will cut through buildup without harming the vinyl.
- Dip a cloth in the soapy water, and wring out excess water.
- Wipe over the sleeves of the jacket, repeating as needed until all soil has been removed.
- Pour a capful of liquid bleach into the soapy water for stubborn stains that are not easily removed with the soapy water alone. This diluted solution will cut through heavy residue without harming the vinyl fabric.
- Dip the cloth back into cleaning solution, wring out, and wipe over the sleeves of the jacket.
- Wipe the sleeves once more with a clean, damp cloth to remove any excess residue or cleaning solution.