Things You Will Need
- Cooking pumpkin
- Plastic pail
- Latex mold solution
- 5 lb. bag of concrete mix
- Sharp knife
- Metal rasp
Make a set of concrete pumpkins to decorate a patio or porch with the help of a latex mold. Purchase mold solution at a craft-supply store, and use a medium-sized pumpkin, known as a cooking pumpkin, to create the mold.
This mold could also be used to create a pumpkin candle by filling the mold with wax instead of concrete. These long-lasting concrete pumpkins make an interesting gift for a garden lover.
- Place the pumpkin in the plastic pail.
- Mix the latex mold solution, following the manufacturer’s directions, and pour the solution over the pumpkin, covering it completely. Let the mold solution set until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Pull the mold from the bucket. Separate the mold into two even halves by cutting through it with the knife.
- Mix the concrete with water in the wheelbarrow until the concrete is the consistency of oatmeal. Fill the mold recesses with the concrete.
- Put the mold halves together. Tie the molds together with a length of string and re-insert the entire mold in the plastic pail. Let the concrete set for 24 hours.
- Remove the mold from the pail. Pull the halves apart and remove the concrete pumpkin. File seam lines with a metal rasp.