Things You Will Need
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Dish soap
- Cleaning rags
- Washing machine
- Laundry detergent
Padded arm sleeves are used to give support during basketball game play. The sleeves are typically made of a strong stretch fabric, providing the support needed while still giving flexibility during game play.
Padded arm sleeves can get dirty and smelly, requiring solid cleaning techniques. To keep the sleeve clean, use a cleaning routine that removes sweat, odor and bacteria that accumulates during game play.
- Mix 2 cups water, 1 cup white vinegar and about 10 drops dish soap in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture over the padded arm sleeve, and wipe off with a damp cleaning rag.
- Set the sleeve aside and allow to air dry. The vinegar will naturally deodorize and disinfect, while the dish soap removes residue.
- Store the spray and use after each use of the sleeve.
- Read the sleeve's care instructions label. When needed, place the sleeve in your washing machine if the sleeve is labeled machine-washable. Wash the sleeve with a warm water cycle and your normal laundry detergent, and allow to air dry.