Things You Will Need
- Adjustable metal bed frame
- Bedding set
- Storage unit
- Fabric drawers
Converting your baby's nursery to a toddler's room is a fairly easy project. The hard part of this project is to acknowledge the fact that your baby is growing up.
But, I promise you will love the new look as much as you loved the nursery in the first place.
With a few changes and a small budget, you can transform the space and 'make room' for your big boy or girl. All you have to do is remove some pieces and add a few others.
Nothing fancy, nothing complicated. Any mommy or daddy can do it!.
Before & After: Convert a Nursery to Toddler's Room
- Assemble the bed frame. Most adjustable metal bed frame systems do not require tools for assembly. This is a simple process where the parts of the frame snap together in place. However, always follow the instructions included in the package. In this step you can also opt to attach the two pieces together screwing the metal frame to the headboard.
- Set the box spring on top of the frame making sure all four corners are in place. If needed, get help from someone else in order to lift the box-spring. Cover the box-spring with a bed skirt.
- Set the mattress down on top of the covered box-spring and cover with the fitted sheet.
- Make the bed with the bedding set and decorate as you please.
- Add a storage unit or a bookcase. Assemble as per package instructions and add fabric bins to store toys. This gives the room a more organized look as opposed to the openness of a nursery. Having a storage space in the bedroom can also be used as a teaching tool for cleaning up and organizing.
- If you own a convertible crib, you can use the crib's headboard as your toddler's bed headboard as shown in this article. If this is your case, your toddler's bed will be a full size bed. -Basically, any kind of headboard -twin, full, queen or king- can be used for this project, just make sure to adjust the box spring, mattress and bedding set sizes. - In this project, the glider was removed from the space to make room for the cubical storage unit. Feel free to add or remove any other pieces according to your taste and budget.