How to Troubleshoot a Microtemp G4AM0600
If you are having problems with your Microtemp G4AM0600, you can troubleshoot the issue yourself without the help of an HVAC technician. This specific fuse is used to transfer electricity between components on the system such as the fan motor or the evaporator. If the fuse has blown, the electrical current between these components will be disrupted. The fusible link has a small capacitor on the unit that will indicate whether or not you need to replace the unit.
Turn the power off to your air conditioning system. You can do this by turning the AC breaker to the "Off" position in your breaker box. This turns off the unit and any electricity that may be going to the unit.
Unscrew the screws holding the service panel onto your AC unit. This is usually found on the side by the evaporator grills.
Look for the Microtemp G4AM0600 fusible link. This is a small fuse that looks like it is made out of plastic. It has two electrical contacts on one side and a capacitor fuse.
Look over the capacitor fuse to determine if it is bloated or leaking. Replace the fuse if you find this. Remove the wire nuts from the electrical prongs on your Microtemp with a pair of pliers.
Replace the fuse and then put the electrical wire nuts back on the prongs. Close up your unit and turn it back on.
- Parts 4 Heating: Microtemp G4AM0600 Fusible Link, 152C
- "Troubleshootin And Servicing Modern Air Conditioning And Refrigeration Systems"; John Tomczyk; 2004
Charles Poole holds a Bachelor of Arts in creative writing from Appalachian State University. He started freelancing in college for local publications in Boone, N.C. and is continuing his career through online freelancing with a specialization in affiliate marketing, blogging and SEO.
- How to Tell if My Sewing Machine Is Dual Voltage
- How to Test the Thermal Fuse in a Kenmore Dishwasher
- Central Air Causing a Breaker Buzz
- How to Use a Volt-Ohm Meter to Test Electrical Fuses
- How to Check an Air Conditioning Compressor for a Short Circuit
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?