How to Fix a DeWalt Charger
DeWalt is a manufacturer of tools and accessories which use batteries and chargers. If you are having problems with your DeWalt battery charger, you can easily troubleshoot the problem yourself with little hassle and minimal knowledge of the charger. The most common repair is replacing the fuse.
Unplug your charger from the wall outlet in your home. Locate the fuse cover on the battery charger. The location will vary depending on the type of charger, but it is usually found on the base.
Remove the fuse cover from the charger with your screwdriver. These covers will be held on by small screws.
Use your flat-head screwdriver to remove the fuse from the fuse holder. Replace the fuse with a new one and plug the charger into your wall outlet. Insert the battery into the charger to see if it charges.
Check the wiring on the charger to make sure there are no frays or tears. If there are frays or tears, replace the charger.
Check the prongs on the charger to make sure they are not bent or broken. If the prongs are broken, replace the charger. If the prongs are bent, try to bend the prongs back so they are straight.
Things You Will Need
- How to Change the Heating Element in a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Calculate the Amperage of 240 Volts
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Clean Cat Food Dye on the Carpet
- How to Use a Volt-Ohm Meter to Test Electrical Fuses
- How to Connect a Hitachi DVI Television to an HDMI Receiver