How to Change the Light Bulb in a Kenmore Microwave
As small a part as it is, the light bulb in your Kenmore microwave can make a big difference in your use of the unit. Many microwave recipes call for you to visually check the food as it cooks. The light bulb also makes it easier to clean the unit. When your Kenmore microwave's light bulb blows out, you can replace it with little effort by opening the bulb cover on the back of the unit.
Unplug the Kenmore microwave from its electrical socket to avoid injury during the bulb replacement.
Locate the bulb cover on the back of the unit. Unscrew the four mounting screws holding the bulb cover in place.
Unscrew the old light bulb. Screw the replacement bulb in its place.
Position the bulb cover so that the holes line up with those on the unit. Replace the mounting screws.
- The light bulb wattage will depend on the microwave model. Consult your user manual for the correct wattage or check the old light bulb.
- The old microwave light bulb may be hot to the touch. Consider using gloves to remove the bulb from its socket.
- These instructions may vary depending on the Kenmore microwave model you are using. Consult the manufacturer's user manual for specific model information about your Kenmore microwave.
Michaele Curtis began writing professionally in 2001. As a freelance writer for the Centers for Disease Control, Nationwide Insurance and AT&T Interactive, her work has appeared in "Insurance Today," "Mobiles and PDAs" and "Curve Magazine." Curtis holds a Bachelor of Arts in communication from Louisiana State University.
- How to Reset a Sears Refrigerator
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in an Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Clean Aprilaire Filters
- How to Troubleshoot Honeywell Heating Thermostats
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner