How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
Kenmore Elite washing machines are front-loading residential clothes washers. The washing machines have several wash cycles, allowing you to wash cottons, delicate items, items marked as hand wash and permanent press items, such as slacks with pleats. After regular use, internal components of the washing machine will begin to malfunction, requiring repair. To access the interior components of the washer, you must first remove the top lid, which allows you to access the screws to remove the front panel.
Unplug the washer from the wall outlet prior to servicing. If the plug is inaccessible, turn off the washer breaker in your service panel.
Remove the screws from the two brackets on the rear of the top panel.
Lift the top panel up and off of the washing machine.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- What is Tig Welding?
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Remove Permanent Marker From Dry-Erase Board
- How to Remove Spray Foam From Paint
- How to Open the Control Panel on a Whirlpool Washer