- Insert a putty knife between the front and top panels, on the left and right sides, to release the spring clips.
- Lift the top panel up and rotate it over the washer.
- Remove the two 5/16-inch screws on the inside of the front panel.
- Tilt the front panel toward you and lift it up and off the machine.
How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
The Maytag Atlantis is a top-loading washing machine, intended for home use. The Atlantis has seven selectable wash cycles for washing anything from cottons to delicate items, and it has seven water temperature combinations. The washer has many internal components that allow the machine to efficiently wash and rinse your clothes. The components include a motor, a drain pump, a water inlet valve and a wash tub. If any of these elements requires service, you must remove the front panel of your Atlantis washer to access them.
Things You Will Need
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- How to Remove Dishwasher Stains
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How to Remove Permanent Marker From Dry-Erase Board
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Taps
- How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
- DIY: How to Remove Silicone Caulk
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Remove Heavy Rust
- How to Change a Dishwasher Door to Stainless Steel
- How to Clean the Drum in a Roper Washing Machine
- How to Level an Amana Refrigerator
- How to Take Apart a KitchenAid Washer