How to Open the Control Panel on a Whirlpool Washer
Whirlpool washing machine control panels are located on the top of the machine. The control panel must be opened to remove the lid of the washing machine, as well as the replace elements such as the washing machine timer. The control panel is easily accessed by removing two screws that hold the panel in place. Once the screws are removed, the control panel rotates up and off of the washing machine, allowing you to remove the lid or access the internal components of the control panel.
Unplug the washing machine from the wall outlet. If the power cord is not accessible, or the washer is hard-wired to your electrical system, turn off the washer breaker in your service panel.
Locate the screws on the left and right sides of the bottom of the front or rear of the control panel, depending on model.
Remove the two screws and then rotate the control panel up 180-degrees to access the interior components of the panel.
Things You Will Need
- How to Program a Garage Door Keypad
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Find a Serial Number on a Kenmore Washer
- How to Repair a Leaky Shower Faucet