How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
Kenmore Elite Oasis washing machines are energy-efficient units that come in a wide range of models. In some situations, items may become trapped between the tub and the washing machine cabinet. Take the tub out to remove stuck items or service interior components of the washing machine.
Unplug the power cord. Remove the screws holding the control console in place on the right and left ends of the console.
Lift the console up and back. Insert the flat-blade screwdriver into the clips near the back of the top panel. Press into each clip to unhook it.
Disconnect the electrical connector leading to the control console by hand. Lift the cabinet up to remove it from the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer. Set the cabinet aside.
Unhook the clips around the edge of the tub.
Pry the plastic cap off the top of the agitator with the flat-head screwdriver.
Remove the bolt that is exposed on the top of the agitator. Lift the agitator out of the tub.
Lift the tub out of the Kenmore washer.
- "Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances"; Eric Kleinert; 2007
David Clair began writing for websites in 2001, creating online marketing content for business owners. He has written for Internet companies including eBay and creates training materials for an online education company. Clair is studying technical writing and pursuing an Associate of Arts in information technology from the University of Phoenix.
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove the Dishwasher Spray Arm in a GE Triton XL
- How to Replace a Thermal Fuse in an Admiral Capacity Plus Dryer
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- How to Remove Peanut Butter From Clothing
- How to Remove the Cover From a Sunbeam Mixmaster Mixer Model 2366