How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
Kenmore Elite Oasis washing machines are energy-efficient units that come in a wide range of models. In some situations, items may become trapped between the tub and the washing machine cabinet. Take the tub out to remove stuck items or service interior components of the washing machine.
Unplug the power cord. Remove the screws holding the control console in place on the right and left ends of the console.
Lift the console up and back. Insert the flat-blade screwdriver into the clips near the back of the top panel. Press into each clip to unhook it.
Disconnect the electrical connector leading to the control console by hand. Lift the cabinet up to remove it from the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer. Set the cabinet aside.
Unhook the clips around the edge of the tub.
Pry the plastic cap off the top of the agitator with the flat-head screwdriver.
Remove the bolt that is exposed on the top of the agitator. Lift the agitator out of the tub.
Lift the tub out of the Kenmore washer.
Things You Will Need
- Flat-blade screwdriver
- Socket wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
- How to Remove a Kick Plate on a Whirlpool Washing Machine
- How to Change Drum Bearings on Maytag Dryers
- How to Remove the Back of an LG Tromm Dryer
- How to Remove the Top of a Kenmore Washing Machine Model 110
- How to Reset a Maytag MAH8700AWW Washer
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Dishwasher That Won't Drain