- Fill a clean, empty spray bottle with undiluted white vinegar. Spray the vinegar onto the [mildew](https://homesteady.com/facts-5073620-mildew.html) spots.
- Let the vinegar sit for a few minutes. Scrub the mildew off of the tub with a rag or scrub brush. Rinse off the vinegar with water.
- Mix a solution of 1 part chlorine bleach and 5 parts warm water if the mildew is still there. Use a clean rag to scrub the mildew spots with the bleach solution. Rinse out the bathtub well to get rid of the bleach.
- Make a stronger bleach solution for stubborn mildew stains. Mix equal parts bleach and water, then scrub the mildew from the bathtub. Rinse out the tub with clean water.
Things You Will Need
- Empty spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Scrub brush
- Chlorine bleach
- If you have tough-to-reach mildew spots in your tub, such as in corners, soak a cotton ball in the bleach solution. Use the milder ratio of bleach and water first, then move on to the stronger solution if necessary. Sit the cotton ball on the hard to reach spots, leave it there for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- Spray your tub with vinegar after each use to keep mildew at bay.