How to Clean a Marble Tub
Marble tubs are manufactured from crushed limestone and polyester resin. A gel finish coats a marble tub to produce a durable, transparent surface, which is resistant to normal wear. Marble tubs resist stains due to their non-porous surfaces, but they still need to be frequently cleaned to remove soap scum and dirt. Properly cleaning a marble tub is necessary for maintaining the tub's surface. Never use harsh abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the marble tub.
- Fill the marble tub with warm water. Pour 3 tbsp. of dishwasher detergent into the water while the tub is filling up.
- Add 1/2 cup of bleach to the water once the tub is filled. Do not get the bleach on sidewalls or tub deck.
- Scrub the tub with a soft brush to remove dirt and grime. Once you are finished cleaning the tub, drain out the water.
- Refill the tub again with warm water to thoroughly rinse out the soap, bleach and grime. Drain the water out of the tub.
- Wipe the excess water from the tub with a thick towel. Inspect the tub for remaining dirt and grime. If the tub is still dirty, repeat the entire process.