How to Remove the Back of an LG Tromm Dryer
The LG Tromm is a front-loading dryer with a control panel located at the top of the unit like a top-loading dryer. Unfortunately, this design makes taking apart the unit somewhat difficult. Instead of simply removing the back panel to access the innards of the unit, you must remove everything before taking off the panel. Removing the back panel may be necessary if it is damaged, causing the tub of the dryer to rattle.
Slide putty knives under each side of the top cover.
Push the top cover back and lift up on it to remove it.
Open the door of the unit.
Remove the two screws from the bottom of the door opening.
Remove the two screws from the top of the front panel. Pull the cabinet cover toward you. Pull on the wire connector for the door switch at the plastic to prevent ripping the wires from the connector, and remove the cabinet cover.
Remove the four screws, one from each corner of the tub drum. Pull the tub drum forward to remove it from the back cover.
Remove the seven screws from the back cover. Pull the back cover off the unit.
- How to Change the Drum Bearing in a Frigidaire Affinity Dryer
- How to Open an LG Electric Dryer
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Whirlpool Duet Dryer