How to Take the Front Panel Off of an HE2 Kenmore Dryer
The HE2 line of automatic dryers by Kenmore are designed to be energy- and resource-efficient appliances. If interior components need to be inspected, repaired or replaced, the front panel must first be removed. Removing the front panel on the Kenmore HE2 line of dryers involves disconnecting the control panel, which is installed on the front of the machine.
Unplug the HE2 dryer power cord.
Remove the screws along the back of the top panel. Lift the back of the top panel. Pull back to disconnect it from the cabinet. Set the top panel aside.
Unplug the electrical connector leading from the control console to the cabinet. Press the two locking tabs on the back of the console to unlock them.
Pull the console down and away from the dryer to disconnect it. Set the console aside.
Unplug the door switch electrical harness leading to the front panel.
Open the dryer door. Remove the lint filter. Remove the two screws next to the filter compartment.
Remove the screws at the base of the toe panel. Lift the toe panel down and away from the dryer to remove it. Set the toe panel aside.
Remove the two screws along the top of the front panel. Lift the front panel off of the Kenmore HE2 dryer cabinet.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Removing the Drum of an LG Tromm Front Load Washer
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Remove the Drum From a Maytag Washing Machine
- Disassembling the Lower Door of the Neptune Drying Center MCE8000AYW to Remove Lint
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite