How to Remove the Drum From a Maytag Washing Machine
Washing machines manufactured by Maytag come in a wide range of sizes, from standard capacity to extra-large capacity models. You can remove the drum inside each washer model if necessary. When you need to complete some repairs or troubleshooting steps, you must remove the drum, or tub, from the washer cabinet. You can replace the drum once the repair or service is complete.
Disconnect the power cord before working on the Maytag washer. Turn off the hot and cold water faucets connected to the unit.
Remove the two screws at the bottom of the front toe panel. Lift the panel off of the washer.
Remove the screws at the base of the upper front panel. Pull the panel down and away from the washer to remove it.
Remove the screws connecting the top panel to the side panels. Lift the top panel up to rest on its rear hinges.
Insert the tip of the flat-blade screwdriver along the seam between the fabric softener dispenser and the agitator. Pry the fabric softener dispenser off.
Remove the bolt from the top of the agitator with the socket wrench.
Grasp the base of the agitator. Lift straight up to remove the agitator from the drum.
Loosen the screw on the hose clamp on the outside of the drum. Pull the fill hose away from the drum.
Open the clips around the edges of the drum. Remove the bolt at the inside base of the drum.
Lift the drum out of the Maytag washer cabinet.
Things You Will Need
- Socket wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
- How to Fix an Admiral Washing Machine Belt
- How to Take the Front Panel Off of an HE2 Kenmore Dryer
- How to Replace a Cold Water Valve On a Fisher & Paykel Washing Machine
- How to Replace the Agitator on a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Washing Machine
- Disassembling the Lower Door of the Neptune Drying Center MCE8000AYW to Remove Lint
- How to Remove a Kenmore Elite HE4T Front Panel With a Pedestal