How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet
Whirlpool Duet dryers are new style, front-loading dryers, designed for residential implementation. The dryers have a control lock feature, which prevents children from starting the dryer if they press the buttons on the control panel. The control panel is lockable whether the dryer is running or not, and when locked, all buttons are disabled. When you are ready to use the dryer, you must unlock the control panel to adjust the settings and start the dry cycle.
Locate the "Pause/Cancel" button if the dryer is currently running. Press the "Pause/Cancel" button to pause the dryer.
Locate the "Control Lock" button, which is often located on the right side of the control panel of Whirlpool Duet models.
Press and hold the "Control Lock" button for at least three seconds to unlock the control panel. Once unlocked, you have full access to the dryer controls.
- How to Troubleshoot a Maytag Range Code 5A6
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in a GE Dryer
- How to Clean Lint From a Kenmore Stack Dryer
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Fix Memory Foam That Is Ripped
- How to Change the Drum Bearing in a Frigidaire Affinity Dryer