How to Change an Amana Dryer Heating Element
Occasionally you will notice that the clothes are not drying properly in your Amana dryer, which is most commonly due to a burned out heating element due to usage or a faulty electrical connection. The heating element in the Amana dryer is fairly simple to repair. You can replace the heating element in about 1 to 2 hours and save yourself the time and expense of hiring a repairman to fix the appliance.
Remove the electrical cord of the Amana dryer from the electrical outlet before attempting to replace the heating element on the appliance.
Locate the screws on the bottom of the front panel of the dryer, and unfasten the screws with a screwdriver. There should be two screws on the front panel of the Amana dryer.
Pull up on the front panel of the dryer until the clips come loose at the top of the appliance, and remove the panel from the dryer.
Locate the two screws at the front of the dryer under the lid that are holding the top onto the dryer base, and remove the screws with a screwdriver.
Lift the lid up from the front, and tilt it back so that the lid is resting against a wall. Locate the heating element in the front of the dryer.
Remove the screws that attach the heating element to the dryer with a screwdriver, and pull the element away from the dryer connection.
Position the new heating element into the dryer connection, and secure it by reattaching the screws with a screwdriver.
Lower the dryer lid back into place, and attach the screws underneath the front of the lid with a screwdriver.
Slide the front panel back into position until the clips lock in place, and secure the panel with screws using a screwdriver.
Plug the electrical cord of the Amana dryer into the electrical outlet, and run the dryer for 5 minutes to verify the heating element is working properly.
Things You Will Need
- To avoid injury, always unplug the Amana dryer electrical cord from the electrical outlet before attempting to replace the heating element.
- How to Replace a Lid Switch for a Kenmore Washing Machine
- How to Troubleshoot a PF Code for a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Tell How Old a Whirlpool Dryer Is
- How to Troubleshoot a Whirlpool Duet Dryer Steam Cycle
- How to Find the Pump on a Kenmore Elite Top Load Washer
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher