How to Change the Light Bulb in a Whirlpool Duet Dryer
Just like any other appliance, the light bulb in a Whirlpool Duet dryer might eventually burn out and stop working. A nonfunctional light bulb will prevent the drum interior from illuminating when the dryer door is open and cause difficulty seeing inside the dryer when loading or unloading the drum. Changing the dryer light is fairly simple and requires a replacement bulb that is available from Whirlpool or for purchase in many home retail or hardware stores or online.
Disconnect power to the Whirlpool Duet dryer.
Open the door on the dryer and find the light bulb cover located in the rear center of the dryer. Use a flashlight to see inside the dryer if necessary.
Unscrew the screw that holds the bulb cover in place on the lower right corner using a screwdriver. Set the screw and the cover aside.
Spin the old bulb counterclockwise and pull out to remove. Place a new 10-watt appliance bulb back into the socket and turn clockwise to secure.
Set the cover back over the light bulb and secure the screw. Restore power to the dryer.
Things You Will Need
- Flashlight (if needed)
- 10-watt appliance bulb
- How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet
- How to Replace the Light Bulb Cover in a GE Range Hood Vent
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in a GE Dryer
- How to Remove the Front Cover on an LG Tromm Dryer
- How to Change the Light Bulb Inside a Maytag Microwave Hood
- How to Unlock a Kenmore F11 Oven