How to Replace the Light Bulb in a GE Dryer
Many models of GE dryers include a light inside the drum that illuminates its interior. The light bulb used in all GE dryers is a standard 7-watt, screw-base appliance bulb. After prolonged usage, the bulb can burn out and need to be replaced. This is an easy task and requires no special tools. Always be sure to disconnect the power running to a dryer prior to troubleshooting any problems to prevent any electrical shock to you or damage to the dryer.
Disconnect power to the dryer by unplugging it or turning off the breaker that powers it in your fuse box.
Open the dryer door and remove any clothes that may be inside.
Reach above the dryer opening on the inside of the dryer and unscrew the light bulb.
Screw the new replacement light bulb into the light socket.
Restore power to the dryer to complete the light bulb replacement steps.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- Instructions for a Whirlpool Duet Front Load Dryer Rack W10121663
- How Do I Change the Belt for a Kenmore 700 Series Dryer?
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How to Install the Water Hose on a Frigidaire Electric Steam Dryer
- Why Does My Dryer Make a Loud Thumping Sound?
- How to Clean Lint From a Kenmore Stack Dryer