How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
The GE washer model number WBVH5100HWW includes an automatic lock feature. Whenever a load of laundry is washing, the door will lock. This prevents the cycle from being interrupted, or from someone opening and closing the door. You can easily unlock the door by pressing a few buttons on the control panel.
Press the "Start/Pause" button once on the washer. This button is located on the upper left-hand corner of the control panel. This will unlock the door in mid-cycle.
Press the "Start/Pause" button again to restart the wash cycle and lock the door.
Hold down the "Lock" button for three seconds to unlock the door if there are no clothes in the washer. The lock icon light will shut off once the door is unlocked.
- If you interrupt a wash cycle to unlock the washer's door and do not restart the wash within a two-hour period, the wash cycle will be canceled and you will have to start the cycle all over again.
Shelby Winchell has worked as a journalist for more than seven years, covering the economy, political figures and celebrities for various websites. She has a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism.
- laundry image by timur1970 from Fotolia.com
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Open the Control Panel on a Whirlpool Washer
- How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet
- How to Take Apart a KitchenAid Washer
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint