How to Change the Heating Element in a Kenmore Dryer
If your Kenmore dryer isn’t heating up then you are probably dealing with a faulty heating element. Heating elements provide the dryer with heat to evaporate moisture from the clothing. Changing the heating element on your Kenmore dryer doesn’t require a technician. You can do it yourself with little hassle and a couple of tools.
- Start off by unplugging the dryer from the electrical outlet in your laundry room. Pull the dryer from the wall so you can get behind the unit.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws holding the back panel on the dryer. Remove the back panel from the dryer and located the heating element cabinet. This will be a small cabinet with a door on it held on by screws.
- Use a small pair of pliers to remove the heating element wires from the heating element. The heating element will be a small can-like object in the heating element cabinet.
- Replace the wires onto your new heating element and place it back into the heating element cabinet. Replace the back panel of the dryer and the screws holding it on.
- Plug the dryer back into the electrical power outlet on the wall and turn the dryer on to test it.
Things You Will Need
- Small pliers
- New heating element
- Do not work on your dryer while it is still plugged into the wall. You could be electrocuted or get shocked.