- Unplug your LEC R404W refrigerator's power cord. Open the refrigerator door and move the contents off the top shelf to give you clear access to the bulb cover and the bulb.
- Grasp the cover with your fingers and push the arrow on the front side of the cover with your thumbs. Slide the cover in the direction of the arrow until it comes off.
- Turn the old bulb counterclockwise with your fingers to remove it from the socket. Thread a new 15W bulb into the socket clockwise until it is hand-tight.
- Slide the cover tabs into the slots at the front of the bulb housing opening. Press the center of the cover to "pop" the rear housing in place with your thumbs. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
How to Change the Fridge Light in the LEC R404W
LEC is a United Kingdom-based manufacturer of a variety of refrigeration appliances. The LEC R404W is a refrigerator manufactured under the Elan nameplate. Like most refrigerators, the LEC R404W has an interior light that illuminates when you open the door so you can see inside the refrigerator. Changing the fridge light in the LEC R404W requires a 15W appliance bulb, which is available at home improvement centers. The most difficult part of the replacement process is removing the cover to access the bulb.
Things You Will Need
- How to Reset a Kenmore Coldspot Filter Indicator
- How to Repair a Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice Door
- How to Change the Batteries in a Mini-Mag Lite
- How to Install a Refrigerator's Crisper Drawer
- How to Program Chamberlain Keypads
- How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
- How to Troubleshoot the Night-Light on a GE Profile Spacemaker Microwave
- How to Replace a Samsung Ice Maker Tray
- How to Test if a Refrigerator Is Working
- How to Add a Rolling Code to My Moore-O-Matic Garage Door Opener
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to clean lamp shades
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Refrigerator That Won't Run
- How to Do a Broadway-Themed Bedroom