How to Install a Belt on a Eureka Whirlwind Litespeed 5843
The Eureka 5843 Litespeed is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner with a hose extension and various cleaning attachments. The belt on the base of the vacuum cleaner connects to the motor shaft on one end and the roller assembly on the other. If the belt breaks or wears out, the vacuum will not be able to create adequate suction to clean properly. Replace the broken belt with a new one to keep your Eureka Whirlwind vacuum working properly.
Unplug the Eureka 5843. Press the handle release lever at the base of the vacuum. Lower the handle to the floor.
Remove the two screws on the top of the brush roll cover. Lift the cover off the vacuum.
Lift the brush roll out of the base. Slide the old belt off the brush roll and motor shaft.
Thread the new belt around the motor shaft. Loop the other end around the brush roll.
Pull the brush roll away from the motor shaft to stretch the belt. Insert the brush roll into its previous position.
Rotate the brush roll by hand to ensure that the belt is seated properly. Replace the brush roll cover. Reinstall the two screws that hold the cover in place.
- "Eureka 5843 Series Owner's Guide"; Electrolux Home Care Products; 2003
David Clair began writing for websites in 2001, creating online marketing content for business owners. He has written for Internet companies including eBay and creates training materials for an online education company. Clair is studying technical writing and pursuing an Associate of Arts in information technology from the University of Phoenix.
- How to Install a Belt on a Riccar Vacuum
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer Belt
- How to Clean Toshiba Air Conditioners
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- Trouble in Removing the Back Filter Cover of a Kenmore Progressive Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Replace the Evaporator Fan on a KitchenAid Refrigerator