How to Install a Belt on a Eureka Whirlwind Litespeed 5843
The Eureka 5843 Litespeed is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner with a hose extension and various cleaning attachments. The belt on the base of the vacuum cleaner connects to the motor shaft on one end and the roller assembly on the other. If the belt breaks or wears out, the vacuum will not be able to create adequate suction to clean properly. Replace the broken belt with a new one to keep your Eureka Whirlwind vacuum working properly.
Unplug the Eureka 5843. Press the handle release lever at the base of the vacuum. Lower the handle to the floor.
Remove the two screws on the top of the brush roll cover. Lift the cover off the vacuum.
Lift the brush roll out of the base. Slide the old belt off the brush roll and motor shaft.
Thread the new belt around the motor shaft. Loop the other end around the brush roll.
Pull the brush roll away from the motor shaft to stretch the belt. Insert the brush roll into its previous position.
Rotate the brush roll by hand to ensure that the belt is seated properly. Replace the brush roll cover. Reinstall the two screws that hold the cover in place.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Eureka EXT-U belt
- How to Replace the Motor Pulley in a Maytag Dryer
- How to Change the Belt on a Hoover Foldaway Widepath
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- How to Install a Belt on a Hoover Vacuum Elite
- Directions for Changing the Belt on a Eureka Maxima Vacuum
- How to Change the Fridge Light in the LEC R404W