- Unplug the Kenmore Progressive vacuum power cord from the wall outlet. Allow the unit to cool for 10 minutes before opening the back filter cover.
- Lift the bottom of the filter cover away from the vacuum. You might need to tug with a little force as the two locking tabs are at the bottom of the filter cover.
- Slide the cover down to release the upper tabs and remove it from the Progressive vacuum.
- Pull the exhaust filter out and replace it with a new filter. Line up the lower tabs on the filter cover with the slots in the bottom of the vacuum. Press the top of the filter cover into the back of the unit until it snaps into place.
Trouble in Removing the Back Filter Cover of a Kenmore Progressive Vacuum Cleaner
The Kenmore Progressive vacuum cleaner uses an exhaust filter on the back of the unit to filter residual air coming from the vacuum. The filter requires replacement regularly. Some people have trouble removing the back filter cover of a Kenmore Progressive vacuum cleaner because it releases from the bottom rather than the top.
Things You Will Need
- What Is the Life Span of a Vacuum Cleaner?
- How to Troubleshoot a Dyson DC17
- How to Install a Belt on a Riccar Vacuum
- How to Test a Refrigerator Baffle
- How Do I Disassemble a Juiceman Jr.?
- How to Refinish Bruce Hardwood
- How do I Change the Filter in a Janitrol Pacesetter Gas Furnace?
- Filter Maintenance for a Samsung Air Conditioner
- How to Fix a Craftsman Garage Door Remote That Won't Work
- How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Use the Amcor Ionizer
- How to Remove the Cover From a Keurig B70
- How to Remove a Squirrel Cage From a Furnace Motor Shaft