- Clean the Bruce hardwood floors of dirt with a broom and vacuum.
- Sand the Bruce hardwood floor with the vibrating sander and 60-grit sandpaper to remove the old finish. Vacuum the sawdust and sand the floor again with the vibrating sander and 80-grit sandpaper. Vacuum the floor and sand it a final time with the vibrating sander and 100-grit sandpaper. Clean the floor with the vacuum.
- Sand the edges and corners of the Bruce hardwood floor with the orbital sander and 80-grit sandpaper. Vacuum the floor clean.
- Apply a coat of stain to the floor with a foam applicator. Allow the stain to soak into the hardwood floor for the amount of time recommended by the manufacturer and wipe the excess stain off the wood with a clean cloth. Allow the stain to dry.
- Apply a thin coat of polyurethane onto the hardwood floor with a lamb's wool applicator. Allow the polyurethane to completely dry.
Things You Will Need
- Vibrating sander 60-grit sandpaper 80-grit sandpaper 100-grit sandpaper Orbital sander Broom Vacuum Stain Polyurethane Foam applicator Lamb's wool applicator
- Work with the grain of the wood at all times.