How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?
The GE Profile Advantium 120 microwave oven is an over-the-stove microwave that is no longer in production. The microwave oven included a special feature called "Speedcook" that cooked food approximately four times faster than a traditional microwave. Because of the over-the-stove design, the microwave oven also had a light and hood fan on the bottom. These were designed to provide light on your stove and to clear and vent smoke and other fumes. After prolonged use, the light burns out and requires replacement, which can be done without the need for a service call.
Unplug the microwave from the wall outlet, or turn off the breaker.
Remove the screw from the right side of the light compartment, located on the underside of the microwave oven, then lower the cover.
Pull the bulb out of the light socket gently, then push the new bulb into the socket.
Raise the light cover back to its original position, then re-secure it using the screw that was originally removed.
Re-connect power to the microwave to complete the installation of the new light bulb.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
- How to Replace a Toilet Flapper
- How to Troubleshoot Honeywell Heating Thermostats
- How to Change the Light in a Hotpoint Oven
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Kenmore Microwave
- How to Remove the Cover Over the Light in My Amana Electric Oven
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher