How to Change the Light in a Hotpoint Oven
Hotpoint is an appliance company owned by General Electric. The company manufactures many home appliances, including refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers and ranges. Hotpoint ovens are in available in gas and electric models, and all models have a light on the inside of the oven cavity.
Eventually, the light on the inside of the oven may burn out and need to be replaced. To replace the light, you must remove the glass light cover, which protects the light from the heat of the oven.
Turn the oven breaker to the "Off" position to ensure that no power is running to the oven.
Allow the oven to cool prior to service. Both the light cover and the light bulb are capable of reaching temperatures that will cause serious burns.
Place one hand below the light cover so that it does not fall when released.
Push the wire that runs over the cover to secure it to the side, then remove the light cover.
Unscrew the light bulb, then screw in the new light bulb. Be sure to use a 40-watt appliance bulb. These bulbs can be purchased at your local hardware store.
Align the light cover in the grooves on the oven wall, then slide the wire back over the cover to replace.
Restore power to the oven to complete the replacement of the light bulb.
The Drip Cap
- Hotpoint is an appliance company owned by General Electric.
- Hotpoint ovens are in available in gas and electric models, and all models have a light on the inside of the oven cavity.
- Push the wire that runs over the cover to secure it to the side, then remove the light cover.
- Be sure to use a 40-watt appliance bulb.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- How to Troubleshoot the Night-Light on a GE Profile Spacemaker Microwave
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in an Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
- How to Mount a Light on a Ceiling With Radiant Heat
- How to Install a Harbor Breeze Light Kit Socket
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a GE Monogram Fridge
- Installation of an Arlec Dimmer