How to Replace the Bulb on a Samsung Microwave
Most Samsung microwaves have a built-in light that shines while the unit is in use. It shows you what is happening to your food as it cooks and lets you visually check on the progress. Although you can still use a microwave without the light, it’s a small convenience that makes a big difference.
Over time, your microwave’s light bulb will burn out. Although the process may vary by microwave model, changing the light bulb is a quick task once you’ve removed the bulb cover.
Things You Will Need
- Replacement 40-watt bulb
These instructions may vary slightly depending on the brand of Samsung microwave in question. Consult your microwave’s user manual if you have model specific questions.
To avoid electrical malfunctions, do not use any higher watt than a 40-watt light bulb.
Be careful removing the dead light bulb because it may be hot from use.
Turn off the Samsung microwave and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
Remove the bulb cover’s mounting screws with a screwdriver, then remove the bulb cover from the front of unit.
Unscrew the light bulb from its socket, and screw in a replacement 40-watt bulb.
Place the bulb cover back in its place and screw the mounting screws back into place.
The Drip Cap
- Most Samsung microwaves have a built-in light that shines while the unit is in use.
- Although the process may vary by microwave model, changing the light bulb is a quick task once you’ve removed the bulb cover.
Michaele Curtis began writing professionally in 2001. As a freelance writer for the Centers for Disease Control, Nationwide Insurance and AT&T Interactive, her work has appeared in "Insurance Today," "Mobiles and PDAs" and "Curve Magazine." Curtis holds a Bachelor of Arts in communication from Louisiana State University.
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Clean Japanese Lacquerware
- How to Change the Fridge Light in the LEC R404W
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How to Remove the Cover Over the Light in My Amana Electric Oven