How to Replace the Drum Belt on a Crosley Dryer
Crosley automatic clothes dryers come in both gas and electric varieties. The available features on each dryer vary from model to model. Each Crosley dryer uses a belt to connect the drum to the motor pulley system. When the belt fails after breaking or wearing out, the dryer drum will not rotate.
Replace the drum belt to get the Crosley dryer working properly again. All you need is a new belt and a screwdriver.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- New drum belt
Pull the lint filter out of its compartment on the top of the dryer. Remove the two screws located next to the filter compartment.
Lift the top panel until it comes to rest on the wall behind the Crosley dryer.
Remove the two screws along the top of the front panel. Disconnect the electrical plug leading into the front panel. Lift the front panel up and set it aside.
Slide the idler pulley away from the belt to relieve belt tension. Remove the old belt from the drum and pulleys.
Position the new belt around the drum and pulleys. Move the idler pulley toward the belt to tighten it.
Replace the front panel. Connect the electrical plug leading into the front panel. Replace the screws on the top of the panel.
Pull the top panel down onto the Crosley dryer cabinet. Install the two screws next to the filter compartment.
The Drip Cap
- Crosley automatic clothes dryers come in both gas and electric varieties.
- The available features on each dryer vary from model to model.
- Pull the lint filter out of its compartment on the top of the dryer.
- Remove the two screws located next to the filter compartment.
- Remove the old belt from the drum and pulleys.
Check out this related video from Homesteady on Youtube.
- "Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances"; Eric Kleinert; 2007
David Clair began writing for websites in 2001, creating online marketing content for business owners. He has written for Internet companies including eBay and creates training materials for an online education company. Clair is studying technical writing and pursuing an Associate of Arts in information technology from the University of Phoenix.
- How to Install a GE Front-Load Dryer Belt
- How to Replace the Belt on a Samsung Dryer
- How to Change the Fuses in the Kenmore 90 Series Dryer
- How Do I Change the Belt for a Kenmore 700 Series Dryer?
- How to Fix the Belt Drive on an Admiral Dryer
- How to Replace a Belt on a GE Spacemaker Washer and Dryer