How to Fix a Magic Chef Oven Door Hinge
Magic Chef ovens come in a wide range of models in both gas and electric varieties. Each model is equipped with a distinct set of features and design elements. The door on each model is connected to the oven cabinet by a pair of hinges. If the hinges are bent or broken, the door may not open or close properly. Replace the broken or faulty hinges to repair your Magic Chef oven to proper working condition.
Unplug the oven power cord. Open the door completely.
Flip the hinge latches all the way down on both sides of the door.
Close the oven door. Lift the door up and away from the Magic Chef oven to remove it. Set the door down with the inside facing up.
Remove the screws along the bottom of the door frame connecting the inside door frame. Lift the inner frame off.
Remove the screws holding the faulty hinge in place. Lift the hinge out of the door.
Insert the new hinge into the oven door. Install the screws that hold it in place.
Replace the inner door frame. Install the screws that hold the frame to the door.
Replace the door onto the oven. Open the door all the way. Flip the hinge latches up.
- Magic Chef Gas and Electric Range Service Manual; Maytag Appliance Sales Co.
David Clair began writing for websites in 2001, creating online marketing content for business owners. He has written for Internet companies including eBay and creates training materials for an online education company. Clair is studying technical writing and pursuing an Associate of Arts in information technology from the University of Phoenix.
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Dishwasher Soap Dispenser
- Disassembling the Lower Door of the Neptune Drying Center MCE8000AYW to Remove Lint
- How to Adjust Refrigerator Door Hinges
- How to Replace the Evaporator Fan in a Sears Kenmore Elite Refrigerator
- Instructions for Removing Kitchen Aid Oven Door to Replace the Inner Glass
- How to Replace the Panel on a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher