How to Adjust the Door on a Hotpoint Oven
A Hotpoint oven door lifts off of its hinges, which fit into the bottom of the door. Since there are no other connecting pieces, the way to adjust the door is to lift it off the hinges. Adjustments are most likely necessary when the door won't open or close properly. Try removing the door and installing it to fix the problem. Otherwise, you may need to replace the hinges if reinstalling the door does not take care of the problem.
Removing the Door
Position one person on each side of the oven door.
Open the door to the stop position.
Grip each side of the door. Pull the door off the hinges.
Installing the Door
Pull the hinges out to the stop position.
Hold the door upright. Center the slots in the door over the hinges.
Push the door onto the hinges.
Open and close the door fully to ensure that it moves smoothly and is properly installed.
- The oven door is heavy and requires two people for removal and installation.
- Do not place your fingers between the door and the hinges, which can snap back and pinch your fingers.
Sommer Leigh has produced home, garden, family and health content since 1997 for such nationally known publications as "Better Homes and Gardens," "Ladies' Home Journal," "Midwest Living," "Healthy Kids" and "American Baby." Leigh also owns a Web-consulting business and writes for several Internet publications. She has a Bachelor of Science in information technology and Web management from the University of Phoenix.
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Adjust the Hinges on Anderson French Doors
- How to Use WD-40 to Wash a Shower Door
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys