How to Adjust the Tension on a Kenmore Oven Door
The hinges on your Kenmore oven door affect the speed of the door closing shut when pushed in, and over time, loosens with continuous use. The oven's door is prone to falling down if the hinge becomes too loose and requires routine tightening to maintain its tension. Once tightened, the oven door slowly closes and opens to prevent permanent hinge damage caused by slamming shut or open. Caution is necessary when handling the oven door, as it is heavy and can cause injury if dropped during adjustment.
Push the oven's burner knob in and turn it counterclockwise to "OFF" on the knob's trim. The oven must be off prior to handling the door, as the door is extremely hot while the oven is on.
Pull open the oven's door and hold it at a 45-degree angle.
Locate the screw on the door hinge at the left side of the door. Insert the blade end of the Phillips screwdriver into the screw and turn it clockwise to tighten it.
Tighten the screw on the right hinge of the door by turning it clockwise. Do not over-tighten the screws, as this can make opening and closing the door difficult.
Push and pull the door slowly to test the door's tension. Unscrew the screw counterclockwise to loosen the hinge if the tension is too tight.
- How Do I Replace the Door Latch in a Sharp Microwave?
- Troubleshooting a GE Oven That Can Not Get Out of Locked Door Mode
- How to Change the Buttons on a Bosch Dishwasher
- How to Install New Hinges on Old Cabinet Doors
- How to Replace Door Parts on the Frigidaire FMV156DCC
- Repairing a GE Monogram Refrigerator Door Adjustment