How to Fix Whirlpool Oven Hinges
The door on your Whirlpool oven swings down when you open it. The door operates this way because it has two metal hinges on the bottom corners of the door that attach it to the oven. A loose or faulty hinge can prevent the door from shutting all the way, which in turn can prevent you from using the oven at all. You can fix a faulty or loose hinge on your own in a matter of minutes.
Turn off your oven and open the door. Notice the metal latch resting above each hinge on the oven door.
Insert your flat-head screwdriver under the latch and pop it up. This unlocks the hinge. Repeat with the other hinge.
Close the oven door. Lift the door up by the handle and pull it out to remove it.
Place the oven door face down on a work surface. You now have full access to the hinges.
Tighten the screws on the hinges using your screwdriver. This will fix any loose door hinge. If the hinge is damaged beyond repair, remove the screws and hinge completely and replace with a new hinge.
Fit the oven door back on the oven frame so that the hinges lock into place.
Open the oven door and flip the metal latches down over the hinges to lock the hinges.
Things You Will Need
- Flat-head screwdriver
- How to Fix a KitchenAid Dishwasher Door Hinge
- How to Change a Tappan Oven Bake Element
- How to Fix the Door that Came Off My Thermador Range
- Instructions for Removing Kitchen Aid Oven Door to Replace the Inner Glass
- How to Change a Lamp on a Frigidaire Microwave
- How to Get the Lock off a GE Monogram Oven