Things You Will Need
- Baking soda
- Large bowl or bucket
- Measuring cups
- White distilled vinegar
- 2 multi-purpose spray bottles
- Washer and dryer
Some weed killers, if not all, have a very pungent smell that is difficult to get out of your clothes, house, and maybe even your shoes. To get rid of the smell you could air out your home or cover up the smell with fragrances.
However there are other remedies that work faster and more effectively.
Weed Killer Smell in Fabrics
- Put 1 cup of baking soda into a large bowl or clean mop bucket. Cover with hot water for whites, and 2 cups of hot water to dissolve the baking soda followed by cold water for colored fabrics.
- Submerge all fabrics overnight in the baking soda solution.
- Wash as usual in the washer and dryer.
Weed Killer Smell in the House
- Put white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle. Put fresh water in another.
- Spray the vinegar lightly on carpets and furniture. Allow it to dry.
- Sprinkle baking soda on carpets. Mist with water.
- Allow the water to dry.
- Vacuum up the baking soda.
- Repeat until the smell is gone