- Scrape off as much peanut butter as you can with a spoon.
- Apply a pre-wash stain remover or dishwashing liquid specifically made to break up grease directly on the stain.
- Allow the stain remover to sit for 30 minutes.
- Place soiled clothing in the washing machine, alone or with a full load.
- Wash on the warmest setting that is acceptable for the fabric.
- Check the stain when the washer stops. If the stain remains, re-apply the stain remover or dishwashing liquid and wash in warm water again. Do not place in the dryer until the stain is removed.
How to Remove Peanut Butter From Clothing
Sometimes you pack in too much peanut butter in your peanut butter and jelly sandwich or plop a too-big dollop on top of your cracker. Then it's actually quite easy to drop this creamy food on the front of your shirt or on your lap. The tricky thing about removing peanut butter from your clothes is that it contains a lot of oil. If you treat the stain correctly, it will be gone in no time.