How to Replace a Frigidaire Freezer Bulb
The light bulb in your upright or chest style Frigidaire freezer, just as with a Frigidaire refrigerator, serves the simple purpose of illuminating the stored frozen foods within. Replacing a burnt out bulb requires no special tools. As with any electrical appliance, you must shut off the power to prevent electrical shock. Exchange the old bulb with a new one approved by Frigidaire for use in the freezer.
Open your Frigidaire freezer door or lid.
Turn the temperature control knob to the "Off" position.
Disconnect the freezer from the wall socket.
Unscrew and remove the light bulb. Set the bulb aside for disposal.
Screw in the replacement bulb.
Reconnect the freezer to the wall socket.
Return the temperature control knob to its previous setting.
Close the door or lid.
Based in Southern Pennsylvania, Irene A. Blake has been writing on a wide range of topics for over a decade. Her work has appeared in projects by The National Network for Artist Placement, the-phone-book Limited and GateHouse Media. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from Shippensburg University.
- How do I Replace the Dryer Belt on a Maytag Performa?
- How to Hook Up a 2-Stage Thermostat
- How to Replace the Evaporator Fan in a Sears Kenmore Elite Refrigerator
- How to Troubleshoot Code F-9 on a Kenmore Microwave
- How to Remove the Top Grill on a Spacemaker Microwave Oven
- How to Fix a Hinge on an Over-the-Range Microwave