How to Change a Lamp on a Frigidaire Microwave
Frigidaire manufactures a line of microwave ovens for residential use. These ovens have a light in the oven compartment that comes on when the oven is in use and when the door is open. This bulb, as with any household bulb, can burn out and require replacement. Replacement in the Frigidaire microwave oven requires the use of a screwdriver and very basic mechanical aptitude. Replacement bulbs are available generally anywhere household appliance bulbs are sold.
Disconnect power to the microwave oven.
Remove three screws from the hood louver panel over the oven door. One screw is in the center top down into the panel and the two other screws are on each end of the front panel. Push in the tabs holding the hood louver panel to the oven unit, then pull the panel off the oven.
Pull up the front of the oven light cover. Grasp the light bulb and turn it counterclockwise to unscrew it from the oven light socket. Remove the old bulb.
Insert the new bulb into the oven light socket. Turn the bulb clockwise to screw it into the socket.
Reverse the removal procedures.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Do not use a bulb higher than 20 watts.
- How do I Replace the Dryer Belt on a Maytag Performa?
- Troubleshooting a GE Oven That Can Not Get Out of Locked Door Mode
- How to Change the Light Bulb Inside a Maytag Microwave Hood
- How to Replace a Bake Element in a Frigidaire Oven
- How to Remove the Front Panel on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator
- How to Replace an Amana Oven Door Hinge