- Move your refrigerator to gain access to the power connector on the back of the unit.
- Disconnect the power connector from the AC wall outlet and the leave the unit unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- Open the refrigerator and press the "Off" switch on the thermostat to turn it completely off.
- Plug the power connector back into the wall and the move your refrigerator back into place.
- Wait up to eight seconds; the defrost timer will become reset. You can then turn the thermostat switch back into the "On" position.
How to Reset the Defrost Timer on a Kenmore
Kenmore refrigerators feature a built-in defrost mechanism that helps to prevent frost from accumulating within your unit. The defrost control works with the thermostat to monitor the temperature within your refrigerator. There is no reset switch on the defrost timer, but you can reset the defrost time by advancing the unit so the thermostat and refrigerator are both completely reset.