- Sprinkle baking soda over the top of the mattress and leave for 30 minutes. This will help absorb odors.
- Use a hand-held vacuum to clean up the baking soda, as well as dust and other small particles.
- Flip the mattress over then turn it 180 degrees.
- Remove small stains with a solution of mild detergent and water. Allow the area to air dry before making the bed up.
- Use towels to soak up large liquid stains then air dry the mattress outside or with an electric fan. Make sure the entire mattress is completely dry then carry out steps one and two before making the bed up.
- Use a dedicated mattress cleaner and follow the manufacturer's instructions for stubborn stains.
Things You Will Need
- Baking Soda
- Hand-held vacuum
- Mild detergent
- Vacuum and turn your mattress every three months.
- Use a mattress protector to eliminate the need for cleaning the mattress. Cleaning the protector is much easier than cleaning the mattress.