How to Remove Mustard and Ketchup Stains From Fabric
You don't have to wear the evidence of a great hotdog forever. Here's how to get ketchup and mustard out of your clothes.
- Remove excess mustard or ketchup by scraping with a dull knife or blotting with paper towels.
- Sponge stain with cool water.
- Gently work a mild detergent into stain.
- Rinse in cool water.
- Apply a laundry stain remover.
- Wash and air dry.
Things You Will Need
- Laundry Detergents
- Stain Removers
- Dull Knife
- Paper Towels
- Paper towels
- Avoid exposing the fabric to heat until the stain is completely lifted.
- Treat dry-cleanable fabrics professionally.
- Mix a solution of 1 tbsp. ammonia and 2 cups water if stain persists, and blot on spot.