How to Clean an Oven Door
Cleaning your oven tends to be dirty, grimy work. It generally requires getting down on your knees and scrubbing the inside of the oven with a smelly chemical cleanser. Cleaning an oven door is only slightly easier, but by using the right tools, you can clean your oven door thoroughly in a matter of minutes. You can try either a commercial cleanser or vinegar -- a kitchen staple -- and see which works better on your oven.
- Put on the rubber gloves and apply vinegar or your favorite cleanser to the inside of the open oven door.
- Leave the solution on the open door for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wipe the door clean with the sponge. Follow this procedure again if it does not come completely clean the first time.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber gloves
- You can remove the door from the oven and lay it on the counter to clean it if you prefer. Refer to your owner's manual to determine the best method to do this.
- If you clean the oven and still see streaks or smudges on the glass, then you might still have dirt lodged between the panes of glass on the oven door. To clean this, you'll have to take the oven door apart by following the directions in your owner's manual.