- Purchase a wallpaper that you would like to see on your counter. Look for wallpaper that is easy to tear. Alternatively, you can purchase a product called Paper Illusions, which is a type of wallpaper meant to be torn. (See the resource at bottom of this article)
- Remove all items from the kitchen counter and thoroughly clean the counter.
- Begin tearing the wallpaper in irregular pieces using a downward and to the right motion.
- Using the glue, apply the torn wallpaper pieces in an overlapping fashion until the entire counter is covered. Note that the glue is simply meant to hold the paper down until you are done applying the layer of paper. It does not have to be very strong glue.
- Once the counter is completely covered, apply four to six coats of polycrylic clear sealant. Allow counter to completely dry before using.
Things You Will Need
- Wallpaper or Paper Illusions
- Paint Roller
- Paint Tray
- Do not set hot pots or pans directly on the countertop.
- Do not place food directly on the countertop.