How to Make Homemade Floor Cleaner
Making homemade floor cleaner can mean saving money compared to expensive store brands, improving health by skipping dangerous additives, and helping the environment by using less packaging. Switch to homemade floor cleaner today to feel the benefits. This homemade floor cleaner works best on vinyl, or any surface besides wood floor. For more information about homemade cleaners, see the resources section below.
- Gather the homemade floor cleaner ingredients including a gallon of warm tap water, a cup of white vinegar and a large bucket. Also, track down a mop or rag to clean the floor.
- Mix the water and vinegar in the water. Make sure the bucket used is large enough to hold the water and vinegar and leaves plenty of space for splashing and overflow.
- Use the mop or rag to clean the floor as you would with regular store-bought cleaners.
- Change the mixture when the water and vinegar solution become dirty, simply repeat step 2 when needed.
- Wait until the floors dry and the smell of vinegar will dissipate.
- Use homemade floor cleaners whenever cleaning floors to save money each and every cleaning.
Things You Will Need
- 1 gallon warm water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- A large bucket
- Vinegar is a common ingredient in many household cleaner recipes, including those in the resources section below. Keep extra vinegar handy to make homemade cleaners.
- The above recipe is not intended for wood floors.