- Combine 1 ounce polysorbate 20 with 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite essential oil in a spray bottle. Polysorbate 20 is a type of emulsifier that helps bind together oil and water. It is used in many commercial fragrance sprays and is available for purchase in most health stores. You can also try combining several essential oils to create new fragrances; just be sure to only add 1/2 teaspoon total to the mixture.
- Add 8 ounces of distilled water, 3/4 teaspoon glycerin and 1/4 teaspoon of potassium sorbate to the spray bottle. Put a misting cap on the bottle and shake vigorously to combine the ingredients. Glycerin and potassium sorbate are available in most health stores.
- Spray the mixture generously in the air and on fabrics around your home and set it aside for later use. Always give the bottle a good shake before using your spray to recombine the ingredients.
Things You Will Need
- 1 oz. polysorbate 20
- 1/2 teaspoon essential oil
- 8 ounces distilled water
- 3/4 teaspoon glycerin
- 1/4 teaspoon potassium sorbate
- Spray bottle with mist attachment
- Try using 1/2 teaspoon of orange oil and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract in your room spray to make a comforting deodorizer.