- Rinse any loose dust and dirt from the outdoor plastic with a water hose that has a sprayer. Wear rubber gloves and an apron or other cover-up to keep from getting wet.
- Mix 1 cup of dishwashing soap, 1 cup of chlorine bleach (if the outdoor plastic is colored, use white vinegar instead of the chlorine bleach) and 1 cup of warm water in a bucket. Agitate the mixture with a long-handled brush.
- Pour the soap solution into a spray bottle. Use a funnel to keep from spilling the solution. Not all of the solution will fit into the spray bottle.
- Spray the soap solution on any stains and spots present on the outdoor plastic.
- Let the soap solution set for 10 minutes.
- Dip a scrub brush into the bucket of soap solution and apply the mixture to the outdoor plastic surfaces.
- Scrub the outdoor plastic with the brush to break up and remove any dirt, dust and grime buildup. Use a sponge on areas where the scrub brush can't reach.
- Rinse the outdoor plastic thoroughly with a water hose.
- Let the outdoor plastic dry in direct sunlight.
How to Clean Outdoor Plastic
Outdoor plastic chairs, tables and other furnishings see a lot of dust, dirt and debris. Your outdoor plastic is out in the elements most of the year--rain, snow, ice and direct sunlight. Not only do you find grime and dirt buildup on the plastic outdoor items, but also mold and mildew. Cleaning outdoor plastic requires a substance that will not only clean the surfaces, but disinfects them as well.
Things You Will Need
- If your outdoor plastic is not white, use white vinegar in the soap solution instead of the chlorine bleach. The bleach may discolor the plastic.
- How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder
- How to Clean Vinyl Furniture
- How to Get Sticky Stuff off Plastic from a Sticker
- What Paint Is Suitable for Plastic?
- How to Clean a Gevalia Coffee Maker
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Taps
- How to Clean Tarnish on Plastic
- How to Remove Krylon From Plastic
- How to Remove Rust From a Stainless Steel Sink
- How to Get Soap Scum Off of Plastic Cups
- Baking Soda Vinegar Stain Remover Mix
- How to Clean Dirty Plastic
- How to Clean a Pickle Crock